Purchasing Agent at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, and over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Source and procure all home furnishings and replacements for operational homes
- Develop, improve and execute procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Manage product lead times, ensure project timelines are met and problem solve delivery issues should they arise
- Negotiate trading terms and discounts
- Manage and report on project budgets
- Analyze replacement costs and procurement expenses to identify trends and opportunities
- Coordinate delivery of FF&E to storage locations and homes and oversee inventory checks
- Manage relationships, bid documentation, bid leveling and negotiation processes for vendors and fabricators, including overseas custom made products
- And other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs
- 1-2 years minimum in a purchasing our buying position (experience using an ERP system a bonus, although not required)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail + resourceful problem solver
- Emotional Intelligence + strong interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.