Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Source and procure all home furnishings, small goods and artwork for new home openings and replacements for operational homes
- Work closely with the interior design team that have selected the FF&E
- Manage and report on project budgets
- Develop, improve and execute procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Manage product lead times and ensure project timelines are met
- Problem solve lead time and delivery issues
- Project manage returns and stock movement as necessary
- Be on call during load ins, in case of stock replacement needs
- Coordinate delivery of FF&E to storage locations and homes and oversee inventory checks
- Produce client facing lists and reports of procured items
- Manage existing and new supplier relationships
- Negotiate trading terms and discounts
- Create policies and procedures for supplier risk management
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager on inventory life-cycle from purchasing through storage, installation and replacement
- Manage and implement any changes to procurement processes or software
- Perform cost analysis on procurement expenses to identify trends and opportunities
- Analyze long term product performance in operating homes based on replacements
- Additional responsibilities and ad hoc projects may be required from time to time and based on business needs
- 1-2 years minimum in a purchasing our buying position. Experience in the furniture purchasing industry is a bonus, although not required
- Experience negotiating with suppliers
- Experience collaborating with finance team on budgets and cost allocation
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple projects
- Resourceful problem solver
- Strong attention to detail - a reputation for noticing the little things
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team focus, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Self aware and able to ask for help when needed
- Emotional Intelligence
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.