Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Source and procure all home furnishings and replacements for operational homes
- Develop, improve and execute procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Manage product lead times, ensure project timelines are met and problem solve delivery issues should they arise
- Negotiate trading terms and discounts
- Manage and report on project budgets
- Analyze replacement costs and procurement expenses to identify trends and opportunities
- Coordinate delivery of FF&E to storage locations and homes and oversee inventory checks
- Manage relationships, bid documentation, bid leveling and negotiation processes for vendors and fabricators, including overseas custom made products
- And other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs
- 1-2 years minimum in a purchasing our buying position (experience using an ERP system a bonus, although not required)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail + resourceful problem solver
- Emotional Intelligence + strong interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.