WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost-effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $7 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Regional Sales Director who has successfully sold retirement plan administration and recordkeeping services in the small and emerging corporate retirement plan market. You should be able to work closely with financial advisors and strategic partners to build a sales pipeline, win retirement plans, and develop strategic relationships. You should feel as comfortable on the phone cold calling prospects as you do developing deep, meaningful relationships with financial advisors.
As a FinTech firm, we take a different approach to sales than traditional incumbents. We believe that through strategic partnerships, a virtual sales approach, and teamwork, salespeople can command impressive plan sales volumes and become true partners to the advisors they work with. Expect to become an expert at demoing software, outlining our administrative capabilities, and how Vestwell’s technology works. The right hire is highly relationship oriented and transactional, with a passion to learn and grow.
If you have prior experience selling in the Midwest, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Southwest, that’s a plus but not required. We are also open to less traditional hires who can learn quickly and grow into a top performing salesperson.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING HERE?
You will be the main driver for gaining distribution and converting retirement plans in your sales region. That’s the base-line. Your job also includes consistently providing leadership, deep expertise, and support to the rest of the team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Identify and successfully convert strategic partnerships with RIA Aggregators, Broker/Dealers, TPAs, Payroll Providers, Banks, and other partners in your sales region
- Develop a retirement plan sales pipeline in your region through your key relationships and work with your internal to prospect for new clients - cold calling is a must
- Convert retirement plan opportunities into sales through a repeatable, scalable process in partnership with your internal sales
- Provide product demos and understand the retirement plan recordkeeping, administration, and technology inside & out
- Build a robust process to hand-off sales to Vestwell’s implementation and client success teams to create a great client experience and generate repeat business
- Manage & deliver on your plan sales and revenue targets
- Be accountable for plan sponsor revenue generation in your region
- 3-5+ years in a B2B sales, preferably in retirement, FinTech, wealth, or a similar industry
- Intimate knowledge of how retirement plan advisors build, manage, and grow their practice
- Clear understanding and ability to articulate partnerships across multiple channels
- Consistent track record managing and leading sales regions and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to carry a plan sale over the entire sales cycle from prospecting to conversion
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating a top-notch selling environment and processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience developing and cold calling prospect lists
- Experience selling retirement plan recordkeeping and administration is a very, very strong plus
- Previous coverage of the small and emerging corporate retirement plan market
- Previously covered Midwest, Southwest, Southeast, or Mid-Atlantic sales region(s)
- Strong understanding of what a recordkeeper, TPA, and 3(16) administrator does
- Any FS certifications are a plus, eg: Series 65, Series 7, CFA, etc.
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!