Sales Development Representative Manager
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager with a proven track record of success to lead and grow the Sales Development Representative (SDR) team. The SDR Manager is a senior leadership role for an intelligent, savvy individual who is passionate about Stack Overflow’s mission and opportunity. The goal of the SDR team is to gain engagement with enterprise level companies (>5k employees) to create qualified opportunities which in turn will generate revenue for Stack Overflow’s Talent and Teams products. This role is critical to the success of the Revenue Organization.
What you’ll do:
- Grow, nurture, inspire and lead a team of world-class SDRs
- Foster a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Model a high degree of intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence while supporting the team
- Lead the team to success providing unique Solution Selling, role-plays, conversation frameworks, situational knowledge, and call coaching
- Collaborate to find the best talent to build a strong team
- Understand implicitly what success looks like and what is required to achieve it - performance vs results and conscious competence
- Establish metrics and develop the team by understanding their performance through weekly stand-ups, training and monthly 1:1’s with an emphasis on performance vs results and conscious competence
- Refine the sales prospecting and pitching processes to achieve optimum results
- Manage inbound lead flow/drive outbound activity and track efficiency of sales and marketing programs to ensure top of funnel opportunities are being created at the correct velocity to deliver bottom of funnel/revenue targets
- Engage and collaborate with Product, Marketing and Sales leadership across Stack Overflow offices worldwide
What you need to have:
- 10+ years of sales experience, with 3+ years managing a Sales Development Team with a proven track record of results
- Experience working/managing/leading a remote team with satellite offices
- Expertise in selling at the Enterprise level with a strong preference for experience selling developer tools and/or HR tech
- Knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models
- Strong track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Expertise working with Salesforce and Marketing Automation platforms
- An enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working with all department leaders
- Demonstrated ability to find, handle and progress high-level enterprise business
- Demonstrated track record of effectively hiring, motivating and growing team members
- Ability to work in a dynamic, startup environment
- Must be willing to travel to London on a quarterly basis at minimum
- Technically adept
- Excellent written and spoken English
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.