The Sales Development Representative will serve as a founding member of our sales development team -- a key strategic priority to propel the future of our sales organization. As SDR you will work hand-in-hand with our sales team to generate new business and develop creative strategies to unlock opportunities that exponentially drive revenue. You will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with experts across our sales, marketing and product development teams, and become an integral part of a high-growth startup and leader in customer data infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, creative, and driven individual who is goal-oriented, organized, and is a strong writer and communicator. This candidate should be able to strategically navigate organizations in an effort to gain access to key decision makers. They should possess the ability to qualify and create opportunities by understanding customer’s business needs and clearly articulating the value of mParticle’s solution. This role has a high potential for growth on the team and the opportunity to expand into other roles at mParticle.
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for the sales team
- Research and target key contacts at prospect accounts
- Engage and educate leads on mParticle and nurture them until they are qualified and ready to connect with a Sales Director
- Maintain detailed documentation of leads in Salesforce
- Provide research on target leads before handing them off to a Sales Director
- Schedule meetings, demos and introduce leads to their new point of contact on the sales team
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce
- Consistently exceed monthly quota of sourced qualified leads
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience
- Passionate and motivated to learn
- Technologically adept, self-motivated, and driven by results
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, listener and avid notetaker.
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Industry experience is desired but not required
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- Ability to travel 20% for conferences, marketing events, and off-sites post COVID-19 limitations
- Familiar with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Slack, Outreach, and G-Suite
We believe data is a team sport. Teams across companies like Starbucks, NBCUniversal, Spotify and Airbnb use mParticle to deliver great customer experiences and accelerate growth. We simplify customer data infrastructure resulting in cleaner code, improved site and app performance, less maintenance and reclaimed engineering time. mParticle makes it easy to holistically manage customer data along the entire product and customer lifecycle. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work four years in a row and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list. Founded in 2013 in NYC, mParticle has employees throughout San Francisco, Seattle, Sydney, and London.