Sales Director, Retail at Narrativ
Narrativ is a 40-person, seed-stage product recommendation platform. We build technology for brands to measure, compare and optimize their fastest growing recommendation channel -- commerce publishers.
Shoppers are asking the Internet personal, nuanced questions from “What are the best shoes for a second round interview?” to “What is the best pillowcase to prevent hair loss?” Commerce publishers like The New York Times’ Wirecutter and Allure produce the best recommendations that answer these questions -- an unmined data source with the potential to transform a $175bn digital economy.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from McKinsey to Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
Sales Director E-Commerce/ Retail
The Sales team at Narrativ is looking to add a unique individual contributor that will be more than just a salesperson. This role is unique because we are in a very pivotal stage in our growth and in addition to expanding our market reach and bringing on more logos into our books of business; we are also enhancing our product and building more tools that support our marketplace and that help drive revenue decisions for our customers.
As the first sales contributor to the merchant side of the business, early on in your role, you’ll work side by side with our product team on helping build the landscape of our platform while also interfacing with prospects for feedback and positioning.
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for omni-channel retailers and new revenue stream for publishers. We operate at a massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry.
- Since we are an early team, there will be elements of prospecting, building process, and iterating that will be a big part of this role
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective and current customer deals
- Deliver product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of the Narrativ platform, which means you’ll also have to understand the publisher side of the business
- Coach and mentor future SDRs and team members
- Work with our product and growth teams by representing prospects and customers as we grow, enhance features and build new products
- 4+ years selling tech products
- 2+ years selling to enterprise/ F500 organizations
- Successful track record
- Interest in data products, marketing tools and/or the retail industry
- Consultative by nature
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person
- Experience selling martech/ consultative adtech tools
- Team lead experience
- Existing relationships with retail and ecomm organizations
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.