Sales Manager at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:22 p.m. (EST) on Monday, February 17, 2020
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and monetizing expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Our Customer Success and Sales department owns sales, customer support and customer success and works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for a Sales Manager, reporting to the VP of Customer Success and Sales, to join our team to manage a growing sales team, help improve our existing sales channels, and innovate and help build new acquisition strategies. This is a very unique and special role for a commercial leader who has a passion for sales, is able to roll up their sleeves as a player coach, but also wants the experience of building something from the ground up with a collaborative and equally as passionate team.
- Manage a small but growing sales team, leading playbook development, coaching on sales skills and process, and meeting/exceeding team sales targets
- Build new acquisition strategies from the ground up by taking on a sales quota for a new channel, experimenting with tactics and processes to build and prove a concept, and develop an early playbook that can scale to a fully staffed team
- Collaborate with our Business Operations, Marketing, Finance and Product teams on tools development, metrics and analytics, as well as cross-departmental process
- Act as a customer advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- 2+ years in a sales management role for a SaaS business, dealing with SMB customers, with a deep understanding of sales process and structure, and consistently meeting or exceeding team targets
- Experience working in an ever changing, fast growing organization
- Operationally minded, with a clear ability to build structure and repeatable process in an ambiguous environment
- Strong talent developer with a track record of coaching team members, supporting their success, and holding them accountable
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded
- Experience as a sales individual contributor a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description