Bread makes essential purchases affordable to regular people. We transform pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch you’re looking at might become a $50/month charge. Clear, transparent terms with fair rates. Add a powerful, flexible merchant API that can seamlessly integrate financing anywhere in the e-commerce experience, and you’ve got Bread.
This position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread Sales team. The Sales Strategist acts as a partner with the Account Executives to build strategic sales plans and generate successful business proposals that are sellable and deliverable. The Sales Strategist will also help develop the strategic foundation for Bread’s work with clients and potential clients, across verticals.
Things you’ll do:
- Lead the development and authoring of new business proposals to potential clients including formal responses to requests for proposals (RFP’s).
- Build strategic proposals, or “pitches,” by pulling research data, collaborating with sales, Client Success, marketing, analyst and technology groups across the organization.
- Coordinate activities related to new business pitches, and successfully pull in resources from across the organization. Help manage the full proposal process from proposal/strategy development to presentation.
- Create presentations explaining the custom elements of the proposed plan to go along with proposals and analyses.
- Work closely with the sales and the Client Success teams to ensure strategy plans work for deliverability and a best fit for the prospect/client to maximize Bread’s business impact.
- Contribute to the presentation of solutions to prospects. Develop effective relationships with potential clients, clients and other groups across the company.
- Troubleshooting prospect needs (product, technical or otherwise) and providing a reasonable, realistic solution.
- Contribute to strategy-oriented intellectual capital for clients. Work with internal teams to come up with "big ideas" for larger clients.
- Be fully trained on Bread’s products and services to be an expert resource and knowledge center for the sales team.
- Assisting in various projects as needed. Contribute to innovation around formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching new business proposals, custom analysis, the RFP process, and client strategic development.
Sales Strategists will have the ability to build their own personal business networks, gain insights into how the leading online retailers operate internally and learn about cutting edge tools in the e-commerce industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or business.
- 2 years+ of online marketing, e-commerce, or payments experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interactive/e-commerce strategy
- Superior presentation, communication, and customer service and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically
- Must possess excellent time management skills, a sharp eye for detail and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Relevant fields: E-commerce, SEM, Sales Analyst, Account Planner, Marketing, Finance/Payments.
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Ability to deal with and adjust quickly to change
- Experience in the online marketing and/or retail/e-commerce arenas preferred
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success and learning.
What you get:
Here’s what you should expect when you join Bread:
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options
- Company and team volunteer days
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) and 401k plan
- Snacks, Drinks and more Snacks
- Ongoing professional development
- Company events and awesome culture
Who we are:
Bread builds technology solutions that allow merchants to offer pay-over-time financing options to their customers. Bread’s product gives consumers clear and transparent options and gives ecommerce merchants powerful tools to integrate financing throughout the e-commerce journey, increasing conversion and average order value. Bread is backed by top-tier venture firms including Bessemer and Menlo Ventures. To learn more, please visit getbread.com
Have additional questions? We would love to hear from you - [email protected]