About the role….
The Business and Corporate Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners. This role reports into the Associate Director of Business & Corporate Development and is focused on the life insurance vertical.
The Senior Business Development Manager position is a hybrid role that involves managing a piece of our existing partner P&L + managing a sales team to help Policygenius continue its rapid growth trajectory. This individual will also establish processes and systems to help ensure the sales team is driving high value meetings with new potential partners.
In this role, you will…
- Oversee and manage partner relationships with some of our largest strategic partners in the online world
- Work with the Business and Corporate Development leadership team to hire and manage a group of sales development representatives
- Manage the sales development team to a target number of weekly meetings and closed business
- Determine best systems and practices for maintaining a full sales pipeline
- Work cross-functionally with Legal, Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale initiatives properly implemented with major partners
- Assist the Associate Director of Business and Corporate Development on channel level P&L management and reporting to leadership
- Work with the finance and data teams to ensure deals continue to align with our longer term financial objectives
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of business development experience in the consumer goods/technology space
- You have managed a team of Sales Development Representatives in previous roles and know what it takes to build out and manage an outreach pipeline
- You are interested in/have experience managing a segment of a P&L and are comfortable with reporting on key metrics such as Rev/CAC and Profit Margin
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- You have an aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- You have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!