Senior Director Business Development- Automotive at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with one of our largest agency holding company and vertical’s senior leadership
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to cultivate our automotive accounts
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with leader leadership, product, and engineering
- Take lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification and win strategy
- Lead global account discussions with counterparts across the US and worldwide
- Work closely with product marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts related to companywide goals
- Using knowledge of market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years of consultative sales experience
- 4+ years experience working within the automotive industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- Existing relationships with decision makers relevant to East Coast auto brands and agencies
- Experience establishing long-standing, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.