Senior Director, Business Development- Rokt Calendar at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
Based out of our New York office, the Senior Director, Business Development will lead the commercial activities for the Rokt Calendar team. As our sales lead, you will drive the strategy and direction of taking Rokt Calendar to market. That includes driving net new brand sales, upselling current Rokt Calendar clients and cross-selling the entire Rokt client base. As an individual contributor, this role is focused on creating and closing net new opportunities with success measured by new revenue & logos delivered.
The successful candidate will need to apply their strong solution selling skills and extensive commercial acumen in order to broker high value deals with enterprise level companies. Selling to our largest prospects, they will be expected to build and cultivate strategies and tactics that drive maximum performance across the entire sales cycle as well as working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure every client interaction is of the highest caliber.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Deliver annual new business revenue in excess of $1.4M USD
- Drive net new logo acquisition
- Cross-selling Rokt Calendar to other Rokt clients
Capabilities & Requirements:
- 10+ years of high performance with a proven track record of selling high value solutions
- 5+ years of marketing technology experience
- 3+ years of pioneering a new product to market
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate & credible when communicating with clients and displays a full comprehension of client’s business and needs
- A true solution seller with a burning desire to uncover and understand client’s problems and create the right solution in order to solve them
- A creative and curious mind that leverages creative problem solving skills to uncover and develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for your co-workers and the company
- A proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships at the ‘C’ level as well as throughout the organisation
- Experience running large, complicated deals across multiple internal stakeholders/departments
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.