Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
About the role:
As one of our first SaaS SMB Account Executives, you wiIl join an early stage SMB sales team closing SaaS deals with companies with under $500 million in revenue. This is a client-facing, quota-carrying role. You will own the end-to-end sales cycle, from building relationships with sales qualified leads to negotiation and contracting. You must be able to clearly and consistently communicate our product’s value proposition to the market, and, through the sales process, gather actionable insights to help our product development team understand preferences and trends in the industry.
The ideal candidate has a strong bias for action, is comfortable with change, and is highly motivated to meet and exceed their annual revenue quota. The ideal candidate will also be highly collaborative, and develop strong working partnerships with sales development reps and cross-functional partners in Product and Marketing.
This job is currently remote, but will be based out of New York City once the pandemic subsides.
What You'll Do:
- Meet or exceed annual revenue goals.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of Transfix’s SaaS solutions and connect this knowledge directly to customer ROI.
- Clearly and consistently communicate Transfix’s value proposition through written and verbal communication, including through live product demonstrations.
- Act as an escalation point-of-contact for relationship and commercial issues.
- Responsible for ongoing customer relationships, including renewals and upselling
- Develop a strong understanding of sales methodologies and processes, including familiarity with how to track progress by actively tracking activity metrics and how to leverage sales technology to drive efficiency and results.
- Be resourceful and creative and constantly strive to discover new ways to sell our service and drive topline revenue.
- Work closely with internal teams to drive customer feedback and improve product.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates.
- Work strategically with management to deliver forecasts, identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions.
You definitely have…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience in sales or account management; prior experience as a business development representative highly desirable.
- 2+ years of experience in quota-carrying role
- Comfortable using CRM platforms, ideally Salesforce, as well as sales technology, such as SalesLoft or Outreach for sales automation or Clearbit, Hunter.io, LinkedIn Navigator, or ZoomInfo for lead data
- Demonstrated experience in nurturing, negotiating and closing sales.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Can’t-lose attitude, high-energy, and drive to succeed in a constantly changing environment.
- A team player, but effective as an individual contributor and strongly motivated to exceed individual quota.
- Willingness to learn and be coached.
- Confidence/ clarity when communicating with internal stakeholders at all levels.
You may have…
- Experience in the transportation, logistics, supply chain or trucking industries.
- Understanding of Transfix’s competitive landscape – from both traditional sources and new technology companies.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.