Sr Director, Identity Data Partnerships & Strategy at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
As the Senior Director of Identity Data Partnerships & Strategy, you will be a primary driver on a highly impactful team solving one of TTD’s top-most strategic initiatives. You will be collaborating cross functionally to evolve the Identity strategy, creating best in class working relationships with Identity partners to maximize their value with TTD, and helping to ensure client adoption of their services on the Trade Desk platform. This role is responsible for leading the strategic vision for Identity from a Data Partnership lens, initiating relationships with potential partners, assessing partnership opportunities, negotiating agreements, overseeing integrations, and facilitating any executional details necessary to maximize the partnership opportunity. Success in this role delivers expanded capabilities for The Trade Desk while driving revenue and profit growth.
The ideal candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial and rapidly shifting environment where well supported strategic thought, coupled with a bias for rapid implementation, are highly valued. We need someone who wants to make a big impact through vision setting, innovation, partnerships, and detailed execution.
What you do:
- Evolve the Identity strategy from a Data Partnerships lens to ensure long term viability in the changing ad-tech ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with Product and Commercial leadership to gain alignment to the strategy and to set priorities for our Identity partnership ecosystem and platform solutions
- Establish and deliver on a plan to secure global partnerships that support the strategy: Identify & recommend partners; lead contract negotiations; oversee Integration and use
- Build an optimal relationship structure for partnerships in conjunction with Product, Legal, Finance, and other internal stakeholders
- Support the global rollout of UID 2.0 adoption across key partners
- Become a subject matter expert on Identity to spearhead education and evangelism of our ID solutions
- Design and deliver sales enablement support for Identity and Cross-Device
- Understand and communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition and technology – particularly around Identity; evangelize The Trade Desk to partners
- Develop a direct report in their capacity for strategic thought, partnership management & execution
- Fluency within the evolving landscape of Identity and privacy
- 10+ years of experience creating and building differentiated relationships with strategic partners
- Digital advertising experience required, ideally in Identity and/or working for a DSP
- Experience with business development and strategy
- Self-starter able to seek new partnerships or projects, and lead a project from start to finish
- Experience with Strategic Partner account management and development
- Experience with contracts and vendor negotiations
- Excellent judgement & acute sense of self-awareness
- Commercially minded with an eye to big opportunities that drive top and bottom line revenue
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing different hats
- Proven communication, questioning, and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to build excellent rapport with internal (Legal, Finance, Product) and external stakeholders; strong teamwork is a must
- Must be comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.