Vice President, Outbound Sales at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure
We’re looking for an experienced sales leader to build, facilitate and drive new customer acquisition through outbound sales motions. At DO, we have a proven inside sales model that is attracting high quality inbound opportunities, however to fuel our next phase of growth, we want to enable an Outbound focused sales team. We are looking for someone who can build upon our inbound sales motions by developing a targeted outbound sales team to acquire Small-and-medium business (SMB) customers. This is a brand new team for DO, so we’re looking for someone who can build this efficiently from the ground up.
You will be responsible for the outbound sales cycle, from target identification, research, qualification and sometimes engagement and closing too. You will be an inspirational leader who will lead their team to deliver results through process and measurement. This will be a hands-on role and you will be responsible for recruitment, process, coaching, and ultimately sales outcomes through our global outbound motions.
The individual in this role will work closely with other functions within DigitalOcean such as Marketing, Product, Infrastructure and Finance to ensure the needs and insights from prospective customers are funneled appropriately.
If you are a high performing sales leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.What You'll Be Doing:
- Prospect companies, identify decision makers, build a sales pipeline and generate strong interest for DO’s infrastructure
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Recruit and retain a global team of high calibre outbound sales reps
- Develop and manage an outbound sales process appropriate for each of our regional markets
- Own the sales strategy for outbound channels
- Participate in relevant trade shows and conferences
- Identify relevant lead sources to add to our databases
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop sales strategies, messaging, and ideas to drive stronger growth each quarter
- Have a deep understanding of our features set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address a customer’s objectives
- Track, analyze, and report key qualitative feedback & quantitative metrics back to the organization
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- You will be an outbound expert and will know what it takes to make outbound work.
- You can inspire and teach your team the art of outbound sales
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial, with experience in leading and managing sales teams in a distributed environment
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products and how they fit together and the ability to engage software developers and architects effectively. Sales experience in cloud based infrastructure solutions is a plus.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!