Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
The Customer Experience team at Hyperscience acts as the trusted advisor and advocate, building and growing an ongoing healthy relationship with each customer. Team members are responsible for implementing our software, preserving our current business, opening doors for additional opportunities, and growing our customers into life-long Hyperscience advocates. The team is split into three teams: Professional Services, Customer Success Management, and Operations. The Customer Success teams serve as the strategic point-of-contact that enables our customers to reach their ROI goals and accelerate the platform adoption journey as we rapidly evolve the product offering and expand globally into new markets. The VP of Customer Success will have day-to-day interactions with a global team to build and execute customer success strategies and processes at scale, provide leadership through user challenges, and provide continual mentorship and feedback. In addition, this individual will drive operational programs to elevate the level of service and support through setting strategy, defining clear goals, and setting prioritization with data and user feedback. We’re looking for a people-centric leader who will identify and implement organizational structure, best practices, metrics, methodologies and processes, cross-functional linkages, etc. to set the business up for continued, stable, growth.
Scope of services includes enterprise software customer success and Labor-as-a-Service (keying outsourced services for customers and partners to drive data annotation for machine learning innovation) for both direct customers and channel partners as appropriate.
This is a full-time position located in downtown New York City (preferred) or can be remote in EST time zone reporting to the VP of Customer Experience.
- Develop strong internal partnerships with global sales, product management, engineering, marketing, and customer success teams to assure that services are seamlessly delivered in an integrated, aligned, and collaborative manner to produce business outcomes that positively impact onboarding, adoption, and retention.
- Align the Customer Success team with the Sales organization to identify and follow up on up-selling and expansion opportunities, as well as renewal and retention strategies to achieve optimal revenue and customer retention rates and avoid revenue or logo churn.
- Develop segment specific customer success plans including account governance, escalation and resolution models
- Work with the Operations, Sales senior leadership teams, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of high-value customer initiatives to revenue generation and business objectives, keeping the organization focused on the value we are providing to our customers and measuring appropriately.
- Ensure all Customer Success teams have adequate resources, tools, processes, training, etc. to execute as a center-of-excellence within Hyperscience.
- Manage capacity, capability, and availability to ensure resource allocation meets aggressive growth business commitments globally
- Establish operating practices to address scalability, working closely to develop hand-offs and cross-functional interfaces (e.g., sales, products, support) and customers across the life cycle of the engagement
- Drive continuous improvement programs and processes to meet customer satisfaction, develop new services opportunities, while shortening the customer activation time and the margins of the services business
- Train and mentor Customer Success Directors and their reports to communicate with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions; continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Develop Customer Success Directors as exceptionally strong managers to execute with quality and industry-standard best practices for a customer success framework in a global enterprise software company.
- Minimum ten years’ relevant professional services experience at a SaaS or on-premise company within a B2B software organization and demonstrated execution of growth strategies.
- Prior experience positioning and delivering customer success services across multiple verticals and market segments globally, including channel partners (i.e. resellers, global system integrators, etc). Strong communicator and high achieving attitude.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, working closely with Finance on managing P&L, revenue recognition, gross margin, and operating budgets to achieve targeted services revenue generation and/or time-to-ROI metrics.
- The desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the trenches on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Experience identifying and implementing industry best practices, tools, systems, and strategies to build a world-class customer experience and provide exceptional ROI metrics on the investments.
- A demonstrated desire to partner with executives in peer positions to create Customer Success strategies that are aligned with the overall company strategy and revenue targets.
- A collaborative approach at the executive and team level, working closely with Sales and Professional Services on opportunities and a smooth, seamless handoff to Customer Success.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.