Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
We're seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join a high-performing team passionate about solving business problems with advanced analytics. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, testing hypotheses, conducting root cause analyses, building analytical solutions and socializing impactful insights to enable transformative changes across a highly strategic cross-functional initiative.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians have flexibility in where they work - whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, as part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role located anywhere in the U.S. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly recruitment team further. Atlassian is revolutionizing the software development industry and helping teams all around the world like Nasa, Tesla, Daimler, and Amadeus to advance humanity through the power of software and collaboration. Our sales teams help our customers to realise more business value with the Atlassian solution portfolio. Our Enterprise Development Representatives partner with our Enterprise Advocates (Account Executives) to build and implement a sales pipeline strategy to increase adoption of select products and services to our Enterprise customer base. At the same time, we want to ensure our EDR's operate with a sense of grace that ensures a delightful customer experience. All of this is done in tight coordination with our Sales Operations & Marketing organizations.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable, explainable, and competitive compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $149,100 - $198,800
Zone B: $134,200 - $178,900
Zone C: $123,800 - $165,000
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Perks and benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support you with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh .
- Partner with senior leaders and operational stakeholders to define technical requirements for analytics artifacts
- Translate business and operational needs into data solutions and actionable insights
- Build intuitive dashboards with an optimal blend of descriptive and prescriptive for executive-level reporting and monthly business reviews
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses for strategic investments and inquiries
- Design metrics to measure operational outcomes for the business
- Automate and continuously improve reporting solutions and artifacts
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business/Data Analytics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating dashboards and interactive reports in BI tools (Tableau, Streamlit, Databricks, etc)
- Minimum 3 years of SQL experience with a solid understanding of CTEs, Sub-queries, and window functions
- Working knowledge of Databricks to write production-level queries and publish visualizations
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and R is a plus
- Experience presenting data insights and recommendations to senior leadership
- Experience with Git-based tools like BitBucket
- Experience defining technical requirements and using data and metrics to draw actionable insights