Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Description and Requirements
R ole Value Proposition:
This role supports Business Leaders in the Global Technology, Security and Data & Analytics organizations as well as Senior HRBPs and COE Leaders to mobilize effective and forward-thinking people solutions by providing end-to-end integrated talent support and utilizing growing functional and business knowledge to tailor programs and solutions.
- Provide forward-thinking HR guidance and support to leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Design and execute plans to support leaders on organizational design, job or role design, workforce development and other initiatives that enable strategic goals.
- Use data and insights to understand trends, uncover issues and support decision making.
- Leverage business insights and talent expertise to mobilize the right solutions for the business / market.
- Partner with all HR COE's to achieve business and enterprise goals.
- Work with business leaders and managers to implement impactful talent programs.
- Oversee large-scale programs and initiatives to prepare MetLife's talent for the organization's future.
- Partner across the organization to bring the company's collective talent to projects and initiatives.
- Support senior HRBP on strategic people planning.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strategic consulting and coaching
- Desire to challenge status quo and implement fresh, new ways of working
- A natural problem-solver, motivated by achieving goals and working through challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to manage and deliver on multiple priorities
- Demonstrates learning agility and curiosity
- Motivated by collaboration and the opportunity to work with others towards a common goal
Education, experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of relevant HR experience partnering with clients/business leaders to achieve results.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Successful track record working collaboratively within matrix-organization and/or cross-functionally
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of HR Management and process
MetLife Success Principles
- Build Tomorrow - Seize opportunity, Experiment with confidence, Act with urgency
- Win Together - Seek diverse perspectives, Champion inclusion, Create alignment
- Own It - Take responsibility, Enable solutions; Deliver what matters
>10% (minimal-if required to support initiatives)
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disability/Veterans
If you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]. This information will be held in confidence and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the application process.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.