Senior Security Operations Engineer, Threat Intelligence at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Security Operations Engineer, Threat Intelligence
Gemini is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer, Threat Intelligence to join our growing information security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Security Operations Engineering and be part of a team responsible for continuously improving our ability to detect and respond to emerging threats.
- Develop Gemini’s threat intelligence program;
- Research and track threats specific to Gemini and the cryptocurrency industry;
- Recommend effective detection and mitigation strategies relevant to identified threats;
- Work closely with the security operations and fraud teams to extract relevant intelligence, identify potential new sources of intelligence, and contextualize indicators and threats; and
- Collaborate with threat intelligence sharing groups within the cryptocurrency industry and broader financial industries.
- Proficiency in a common scripting language;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; attentive to details;
- Strong understanding of attacker Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP); and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers; and
- Team player required. Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive team experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Familiar with dynamic and / or static analysis of malware;
- Experience in host-based forensic analysis as well as hunting in end-point detection and response platforms;
- Experience creating and implementing advanced data models to improve and expedite analysis;
- Comfortable analyzing network packet captures; and
- Ability to define development requirements for internal platforms in order to enable intelligence collection and analysis.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.