--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world. You love working with customers and providing strategic solutions.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will join our newly formed Corporate Solutions Practice - you will be a cross-functional value enabler directly supporting Dataminr’s growth by leveraging a seasoned team of security and risk management practitioners and leaders. You will primarily collaborate with our growing sales and customer success teams to provide technical expertise to our customers and prospects through a scalable and repeatable model that increases credibility, value, and establishes Dataminr as a trusted partner.
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex problems, and using research and critical analysis/assessment capabilities drive ideas, define the opportunities, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management: Apply value-added rigor to a customer’s decision making process by presenting and evaluating the Dataminr solution while concurrently driving consensus among key stakeholders.
- Cross-functional Integration: Assist the customer, as well as our account and customer success teams with the discovery, analysis, and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions. You will deliver live product demonstrations to validate the differentiated value of Dataminr and quantify the business impact of our solutions.
- Develop tailored presentations and demonstrations of Dataminr’s solution to articulate use cases and value to customers and prospects
- Participate in selling the value of Dataminr through recorded presentations, live online, and in-person product demonstrations
- Help to uncover the business impact of the Dataminr solution value to a customer in both quantitative and qualitative ways; support customer proof of concept (POC) efforts, ensuring that they are engaging with the solution and validate the resulting solution
- Articulate and educate internal/external audiences on technical and solution design concepts
- Help develop the business case for Dataminr value for specific customers, building upon the proof of value (demo/POC) results
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, international affairs/relations, or a related security field OR equivalent work experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role, client-relationship management, or presenting to executive leadership teams who may not have similar technical proficiencies
- Advanced listening skills allowing for high quality discovery meetings with customers and prospects
- Experience as a pre sales consultant or solution engineer is a plus
- Experience in a corporate or cybersecurity role monitoring and assessing the security and/or related risk environment is a plus
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues is a plus
- Ability to analyze emerging risks impacting commercial interests in one or more industries
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.