Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, new technology, memorable marketing campaigns, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Total Reward team drives cash, equity, perks and benefits for all employees around the world and plays a crucial role as we enter new markets. We're looking for a Compensation Manager to join our team. You will report to the future Head of Total Rewards and can be based remotely in an approved state (see application question below for approved locations)
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- You'll research external benchmarking, ensuring we have the data and processes in place to maintain great compensation packages and performing internal gap analysis to market.
- You'll use a combination of internal and external data to improve compensation practices across multiple countries.
- You'll provide consultation ona ppropriate salary levels and ranges for jobs and positions.
- You'll research compensation trends and use your findings to improve our decisions.
- You'll conduct in-depth analysis to model the financial (e.g., cost, dilution) and talent (e.g., attrition, hiring) effects of compensation decisions; make recommendations for compensation strategy and processes based on findings
- You'll work closely with leaders, Recruiting, HR Business Partners, Equity Administration, and Finance to provide interpretation on compensation challenges and recommend solutions.
- You'll partner with Finance and the Head of Total Rewards on compensation budget and forecast.
- You'll ensure compliance with regulatory filings and updates, notices, mandates, audits, non-discrimination testing, and employee records.
- You'll adjust well to shifting priorities.
- You'll have the integrity and respect to handle sensitive data.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years work experience in compensation preferably in finance, consulting, or technology sectors
- Advanced Excel skills (can write advanced macros and maintain complex spreadsheets)
- 3+ years experience with domestic and international program modeling, design, and implementation, inclusive of tool management for administration and employee support
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the US and international markets
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.