Director of Operations
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity + inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Director of Operations, you will provide strategic leadership and planning expertise for Justworks' benefits program. As part of the Operations & Risk team, you will have accountability for the planning, development, and product delivery for 19 benefits across 10 vendors. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally as each day you will partner with your colleagues in Sales, Operations, Customer Success, and Finance. You'll enjoy a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture where your ideas can quickly translate into action.
What you'll do
- Manage workflow for our benefit operations team including 15+ professionals
- Establish and improve KPI’s with internal customers to improve issue resolution times, accuracy and satisfaction
- Manage insurance carrier and benefit provider relationships including but not limited to contract negotiations, SLA maintenance and implementation of new products and services
- Coordinate with Justworks 3rd party Health and Benefit Consultant to monitor the performance of existing insurance programs
- Partner with Justworks Product and Engineering teams to improve existing and develop future benefits to offer to Justworks customers
- Maintain P/L targets through management of underwriting policies and procedures, plan designs and claims activity
- In conjunction with Legal and Compliance Insure Justworks compliance with ERISA, ACA and all other pertinent regulation
Who you are
- Proven leader with 10+ years experience scaling operational teams
- Master of Business (MBA) or deep financial expertise required
- Experience managing and developing a team of at least 10-15 people
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Health Insurance/Benefits is a plus, but NOT required
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.