Director of People at Electric
(Location: Ohio, Arizona, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina or remote)
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
This person will work to deliver outstanding employee experiences through projects and processes that seek to improve the employee lifecycle. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on People-related topics and champion our company culture. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive attitude and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking skills, and emotional intelligence.
Sr. Manager/Director of People
- Oversee People Business Partner team (1) and scale partner organization with the company to best support 12+ departments through change and growth
- Be a trusted advisor in all sensitive People areas such as employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences, and compensation
- Oversee Learning and Development for the org, execution of building out best in class onboarding and training for internal teams
- Resource outside vendors and programs for external L+D
- Partner with leadership to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture, and career progression
- Stand up and implement a rotational program to create opportunities for growth in departments cross-functionally
- Spearhead DEI efforts across the org in partnership with VP of People and Executive team
- Create, Implement and manage global People Policies in partnership with VP of People
- Plan, implement, and manage administration of all benefit plans
- Assist in our transition off a PEO in 2020, improve operational efficiencies within systems through 2021 and beyond
- You're an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors.
- Experience leading company-wide trainings, programs (All Hands, Enrollment, Onboarding) and rollouts of new tools or processes
- Demonstrated ability to spearhead initiatives from ideation to implementation, focus on a clear measurement of success
- Experience with full employee lifecycle
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and exceeding expectations
- Analytical skills, including reporting and synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Creative, responsive, and adaptive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Coaching expertise - you know when to lead directly, and when to develop and enable managers to lead effectively.
- 5-6 years in HR role
- 1-2 years in leadership
- Experience with multi-state compliance and policy
- Proven ability - ideally, you've helped a company grow from 200- 500 people and know how to scale programs and practices appropriately.
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail, ability to create structured frameworks and action plans