Diversity and Inclusion Director at Harry's
About the Team
The Head of Diversity and Inclusion will be launching and running the D&I function at Harry’s. This critical leader will report into the Chief People Officer and be part of the broader People team. Our People team is highly respected by the business; we care deeply about the Harry’s team and partner closely with leadership to drive innovation and create an environment where people feel a sense of belonging. Currently, our D&I efforts are focused on the US headquarters, but there is an opportunity and strong desire to expand our efforts to the UK office and German factory.
About the Role
As the Head of Diversity and Inclusion, you will have a platform to have a significant impact on our business and our people. Over the last three years, Harry’s has made progress on many D&I initiatives - from sourcing practices to progressive policies to ERGs. However, we realize that in order to drive the change and progress we aspire to, we need a strong leader with real experience and expertise who can partner at the most senior levels of the organization.
You will be an individual contributor, with strong support from members of the People team - from the EA to the CPO who currently leads our ERGs, to our People Operations Manager who runs analytics to our Learning and Development team who creates and delivers high quality training programs.
You will work closely with key leaders across the business, understanding current situations in both companies and building a strategy and approach based on our starting points today.
What you will accomplish:
- Conduct an in-depth D&I assessment (including surveys, focus groups, data analysis, process assessments), creating a synthesized report with clear findings, insights and actions
- Create a D&I strategy and approach with specific activities and outcomes based on your assessment, experience and expertise, leveraging proven levers from your D&I toolkit
- Launch ‘diversity scorecards’ with select teams, assessing current state and co-creating action plans with leaders, People Business Partners and Recruiting
- Identify key metrics and targets for D&I, including a process to measure and communicate progress to leadership and the broader team
- Build outstanding training programs, creating content based on your expertise, in partnership with our Learning & Development team
- Be a thought partner for People team and leaders - a go-to resource and coach for advice on D&I topics
This should describe you:
- Experienced Influencer. You know how to gain buy-in with senior leaders (CEOs and their direct reports), driving excitement and buy-in to D&I efforts
- D&I authority. You have a proven toolkit with thoughts, ideas, and experience to bring to bear across recruiting, training, working with teams, policies, etc.
- Pragmatically innovative. You have a balanced point of view on D&I, wanting to push us to do the right thing and try new things, but also balancing the practical considerations and nuances or running a global business
- Data junky. You love to dig into data and pull out insights and tell stories
- Delightful collaborator. You are someone people just love to work with.You know how to influence others to get to the best outcome. You are also proactive and roll up your sleeves to take things on and get it done!
- Inspirational coach. You are a go to resource for help, support, guidance. You inspire others through your passion and wisdom
- Project management whiz. You are a highly organized doer. You can manage projects with many stakeholders, navigating the organization to get the right input ultimately delivering on complex cross-functional projects
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Chief People Officer at Harry’s
- You will work most closely with the People team at Harry’s which has five main functions - Recruiting, People Business Partners, Learning & Development, People Operations and Workplace Experience
- You will lead our Employee Resource Group program. We currently have six ERGs that are led by passionate members of our team and create great connections, understanding and programming for the company
- You will work with business leaders and team members across the business
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.