As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a culture champion experienced in supporting high-growth SaaS companies and passionate about developing and managing benefits programs, to include, but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, long term disability insurance, basic and voluntary life insurance, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program (EAP), retirement plans and accounts reconciliation.
You will be responsible for assessing, reviewing and modifying programs that are in place and ensuring these comply with current legislation, as mandated by state and federal laws. You will resolve escalated issues, manage vendors, create communications, work on design and implementation and collaborate with functional areas within the company as well as with external consultants and administrators.
You will also play a critical role on our global People Team, maintaining positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. You understand the importance of a highly satisfied, happy and well-supported workforce.
You believe in Dataminr's mission and are ready to take ownership in a fast-paced, demanding tech startup environment.
- Lead and manage global annual benefits enrollment process and implement initiatives to maintain compliance
- Analyze and prepare communication and training materials related to benefits and benefits policies
- Leads benefit alignment efforts across locations while ensuring we are competitive in each country; Researches, recommends and coordinates benefits set-up requirements and offerings for our offices
- Researches best practices and trends; assesses market competitiveness; conducts and analyzes benefits surveys and makes recommendations for changes to ensure that our benefits are competitive against our peer group and the overall market
- Manages broker and vendor relationships; participates in the evaluation and selection of new vendors
- Partners with our network of brokers and providers to manage renewals, ensuring that plans operate efficiently
- Drive benefits administration, including 401K, workers compensation, unemployment claims, COBRA, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.
- Project budgets for health, welfare, and retirement plans and monitor plan performance/efficiency/costs, to ensure that appropriate budget estimates and accruals are in place
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant employment laws in all appropriate jurisdictions including staying abreast of new and updated regulations
- Monitor plan effectiveness, based on market trends, regulations and practice, and reviews recommendations from the team regarding changes to plan provisions and financing; makes decisions or escalates to key decision makers as needed
- Manage high-level relationships with third-party sources/vendors for benefit services
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in handling Benefits functions
- Deep knowledge of federal regulations relating to health and welfare and retirement benefits and all applicable laws relating to benefit administration, including but not limited to ERISA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA & Health Care Reform
- Experience within high growth and fast paced company environments
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative and problem solving skills
- Experience working with HR systems and tools required
- Intermediate Excel and Powerpoint knowledge with proficiency to work with complex formulas to gather analysis
- Experience with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
...and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law .
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian -based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.