HR Service Partner at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As an HR Service Partner, you’ll deliver best practices guidance to Justworks’ existing customer base, act as an internal subject matter expert, and partner with other Justworks teams to create Human Resources tools and content.What You’ll Do
- Apply your HR acumen to work with customers on creative solutions to their complex HR questions
- Explain complicated compliance and HR concepts in simple, user-friendly terms to customer points of contact in various roles and industries
- Display high levels of professionalism and compassion when working with customers on sensitive matters
- Manage queue of open issues, escalated by other members of the Customer Success team, to deliver timely and effective HR guidance and best practices to customers
- Work with internal teams to improve processes and route customer feedback, with an eye toward improving the customer experience
- Be proactive in strengthening your employment law, employee relations, and other HR knowledge through self-education
- Liaise with Compliance to safeguard Justworks as a co-employer and demonstrate discretion as to when issues warrant further escalation
- Create and collaborate on HR-related content and tools, often in partnership with Compliance, Marketing, and Product teams, for both external and internal use
- Contribute as a subject matter expert on complex and cross-functional issues to ensure the success of customers on the platform
- Minimum 4-7 years of HR experience, including experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Employee Relations Specialist, or equivalent
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- if not certified, certification must be obtained within the first six months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- Passion for a career path as a customer-facing HR practitioner
- Ability to simplify complex concepts into clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Aptitude for learning new product features and subject matter, and for helping others learn as well
- Genuine and strong interest in the ever-changing employment law landscape and comfort with multi-state compliance
- Comfort with handling challenging situations over the phone and via email, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive, and resourceful
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment