Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our People team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will report to the People Operations Manager and will evolve processes and support programs that fuel our unique culture. We're looking for someone who can balance the strategic management of vendors with a hands-on approach to all elements of the employee experience. You’ll use data and creativity to make recommendations for improving existing processes and advocating for new programs.You Will
- In partnership with our People Development Team, drive onboarding and offboarding administration ranging from new hire data and background checks to separation information.
- Administer the employee benefits program, including orientation, open enrollment preparations, audits, and ongoing communications.
- Maintain our internal HRIS alongside our PEO HRIS with the utmost level of data integrity and confidentiality.
- Collaborate with finance as you supply payroll updates to our domestic and international PEOs.
- Manage compliance efforts and stay current on changes to state and federal laws pertaining to employment, benefits, and COVID-specific employment operations.
- Respond to general questions regarding company policies, systems, and benefits with a sense of urgency.
- Partner with the People Operations Manager to design, implement, and facilitate processes and policies that meet the specific needs of Cockroach Labs.
In your first 30 days, you will review our current programs, systems, and data so you can gain insight into where we currently are. You will meet with colleagues across the company and start building relationships that will help you better understand Cockroach Labs. It is imperative that you take this time to connect with fellow Roachers, so that you have an understanding of how we work and what we value.
In your first 60 days, you will be introduced to our external partners like our PEOs and immigration counsel. You will begin running our processes and looking for areas to improve. As you take ownership of these processes, you’ll identify any gaps in documentation and fill those as part of your onboarding.
After 3 months, you will be integrated into the team. You will have taken ownership of your role and started working directly with stakeholders. You will have strong relationships with our external vendors and be the front line of people-support for Roachers.You Have
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources or People Operations
- Knowledge of the employment alphabet soup (i.e. EEO, FLSA, FMLA and CFRA, ADA, COBRA)
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain data through process controls and auditing
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a technology company or other start-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- A customer experience mentality including organization skills that help you keep up with many clients and vendors
- The ability and willingness to ask questions about different ways we can tackle processes and programs.
Reporting to Lauren Weber, People Operations Manager
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what's delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].