Manager, People Analytics & Compensation at Policygenius (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
About the role…
Are you passionate about enabling a growth stage company to make evidence-based people decisions and investments? Do you enjoy thinking about and analyzing the employee experience so we can craft it to be the best there is? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own way? Eager to be on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? We’re looking for a dynamic, strategic-doer to join the Policygenius People team as our first Manager, People Analytics and Compensation!
You will work alongside key stakeholders and a team of talented HRBPs to support leadership in identifying trends, hot spots and needed programs that foster employee fulfillment and drive organizational effectiveness. You’ll help to build highly utilized dashboards and reporting from scratch, while interpreting the narratives for broad audiences. Your work will directly influence high-impact initiatives and efficient processes across the entire company and you will be essential in helping to scale and enable the exceptional work of our distributed team.
This role will be a blend of compensation, people analytics and Insights, and project management.
In this role, you will...
- Analyze comp data and build sustainable and scalable systems
- Support multiple compensation programs in a fast-paced environment
- Assist on the development and execution of training and education for people managers to enhance their understanding of Pg’s compensation philosophy
- Champion data integrity (clean data in equals clean data out)
- Manage comp and benefits systems
People Analytics and Insights (40%)
- Empower business partners and stakeholders by providing high quality people data and insights
- Create effective, scalable, and intuitive reporting solutions
- Conduct analyses and research across a variety of internal areas, including: onboarding, employee experience, internal surveys, attrition, and learning and development
- Highlight trends and hone in on the most impactful narratives to influence the People Team’s strategy
- Share your expertise by building data literacy across the team
Project Management (20%)
- Support the Director, People in managing People Team special projects including: future of work, operational excellence, talent density, and more
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have a BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to interpret and understand data
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience using the following (or similar) data tools and systems: CultureAmp, UltiPro, Greenhouse, Tableau or Looker, Excel, Google suite, including:
- Expertise in creating pivot reports, conditional formulas and formatting, VLOOKUPs, and charts/graphs
- A strong ability to query databases
- You constantly prioritize collaboration and partnership
- You’re a best-in-class and thorough problem-solver
- You are highly discreet and comfortable managing confidential information
- You love project management and have experience supporting complex and network-wide initiatives
- You’re passionate about helping people do their best work, and ruthless in creating the best job our employees have ever had
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!