Manager, People at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The job
You are a true HR guru. You know what employees want and how to ensure they are being taken care of on both a personal and professional level. There is no problem too big or too small that you cannot tackle using your extensive HR knowledge and intuition to drive improvements across the business. Your presence fosters trust among employees and the people around you know you have their back.
As the People Manager, you will oversee and manage the day to day operations and long-term strategy of the HR team, including but not limited to: employee relations, terminations, performance issues, internal job changes, employee data integrity and adherence to compliance and employment standards. The People Manager will report directly to the Director of People.What you'll do
- Oversee the daily workflow and long-term development of the People team.
- Foster trust and confidence among employees in the execution of HR policies
- Demonstrate your knowledge and experience with sophisticated employment issues to drive high integrity employee relations, performance management, and conflict resolution strategies
- Partners with the DEI lead to drive thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote DEI in talent attraction, development, and retention
- Partner with HR Operations, DEI, Employee Experience, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Legal to identify key problem areas or opportunities for improvement across people, process, technology, and policy areas, aligned to the overall People team strategy.
- Drive projects from discovery to implementation, including developing project plans and timelines, and coordinating internal and external resources to meet project requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement that simplifies HR processes and policies
- Support administrative tasks as required to ensure timely execution of all People related activity
- 6+ years of experience in HR/HRBP
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Proven experience developing partnerships with business leaders, particularly in helping them lead an organization through significant change, and during a period of realignment and growth.
- Ability to coach and communicate across all levels of the organization; up, down and across
- Strong operational thinker, with a knack for solving problems and building solutions
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solving problems
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity
- Must demonstrate influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers, and senior leadership
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and good professional judgment
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, and local employment laws
- Experience working with and optimizing HR platforms
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.