Payroll & HRIS Coordinator at Haven Technologies (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of the fast paced People & Culture team, this role will be key in establishing and maintaining three areas - Data Management, Payroll, and Benefits Coordination for an organization of 300+ employees leveraging UKG as the HRIS platform. Work may include:
- Build and maintain a process to ensure all people data is accurately reflected in UKG and various benefit vendors. Including:
- Employment and personal data
- Benefit deductions and contributions
- Tax withholdings and deductions
- Processing bi-weekly payroll and oversee local and state tax registrations and garnishments
- Manage regular and ad-hoc reporting in support of HR, Finance, and Compliance.
- Assist with ensuring compliance related to 1099, W2, ACA, and various leave regulations and timelines
- Assist with planning and execution of annual open enrollment
- Cross train with and back up the HRIS Lead as needed.
- Respond and research inquiries related to payroll, benefits, data and escalate as necessary.
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of payroll administration experience with at least 2 recent years working with Ultipro, Kronos, or UKG.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the following areas/tools:
- 401(k) plans, health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and defined benefit plans, etc.
- Knowledge of personnel records retention policies and schedules
- UKG (or Ultipro/Kronos), G-Suite, Excel
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work from our NYC office at least 3 days per week.
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa Sponsorship.
- Have a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other HR certification that demonstrates advanced knowledge of the regulations governing payroll and benefits.
- Possess excellent communication, organization, and data management skills, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion,
- Ability to prioritize well and be flexible in a fast paced environment with changing demands, focusing on executing on and taking ownership of work that benefits company goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated the ability to provide a solution focused approach to problem solving, pro-actively seeking to learn things you don't know, and thinking about ways to constantly improve.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (#2 Best Places to Work in NYC)!