People Operations Coordinator at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have a passion for HR and helping people grow! You are committed to delivering outstanding employee experiences through responsive and compassionate interactions with all levels of employees and management. You are a proactive and detail-oriented team player where no task is too small for you! You can effectively manage your time and focus on ensuring data integrity and accuracy for your projects. You can be vigilant in maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our People Operations team is charged with delivering an amazing employee experience and ensuring our People & Talent systems, tools and processes support our growing people and business needs. You will be an integral part of Justworks’ growth and success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions received through the People Ops Service Desk regarding benefits, payroll, policies and other People Ops related topics, triaging when necessary.
- Seek out creative solutions to provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Own the administrative execution of new hire onboarding and terminations including paperwork collection and storage, I-9 completion, e-verify, and entering new hires in the system.
- Own all aspects of maintaining employee changes and data throughout the full employee life cycle including employee changes in the system, organizational updates, job change letters, and audits.
- Review payroll for hourly employees and schedule requests for off-cycle and supplemental payments.
- Support benefits and perks administration, employment verifications, unemployment and workers’ compensation claims.
- Fulfill general HR reporting requests to internal stakeholders, including reports with employee life cycle data and headcount.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders including Legal & Compliance, Finance, Benefit Operations and IT as it relates to People Ops processes and escalations
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a People Operations Coordinator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 1 year experience in a human resources role or internship preferred
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (G-Suite, HRIS, JIRA) and basic Excel skills
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting an employee population
- Experience having worked in fast growing environment
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment