People Operations Coordinator at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about scaling a growing People Team and offering a best-in-class employee experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to work from our New York office located in the heart of Soho. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this person will be responsible for executing aspects of the People Team function at the tactical level, including focusing heavily on payroll and liaising between the People and Accounting Teams. This role requires a high level of flexibility and attention to detail. The successful candidate will have proven experience managing a HRIS System (Bamboo, Workday etc.) and working knowledge of ADP. This individual will serve as our payroll subject matter expert and will manage global and regional implementation and administration of payroll policies and procedures taking into account relevant laws, policies and regulations. This role will offer the opportunity to work closely with all sides of the organization and participate in other People Team functions and related projects as needed.
- Oversee the collection and submission of payroll-related data to service providers, employee query resolution, statutory filing requirements, payroll approvals and payment confirmations to deliver global payroll and other forms of compensation compliantly, accurately and in a timely manner
- Accurately maintain the company's systems of record including HRIS, payroll, benefits and external technology solutions as well as internal employee records
- Responsible for facilitation of new employee onboarding, including completing the identity verification and employment eligibility process as applicable, conducting new hire and benefits orientations, and providing access to company tools and resources from an HR, payroll, and benefits perspective
- Addresses employee relation issues timely and discreetly, and provides satisfactory resolution while balancing advocacy for employees with business priorities
- Support employees and managers regarding HR policies, procedures, systems and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in administering payroll and benefits; global experience a plus
- Technology literate, including payroll, HR and benefits-specific software (Bamboo and ADP a plus)
- Knowledge of basic HR, payroll practices, benefits administration and compliance or other related experience
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and initiative through individual research and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation experience (live and virtual), including strong execution and timely, thorough follow-through and follow-up of tasks
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!