At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have a passion for HR and a people-first mindset. You are committed to delivering outstanding employee experiences through responsive and compassionate interactions with all levels of employees and management. You are a proactive and detail-oriented team player where no task is too small for you. You can effectively manage your time and focus on ensuring data integrity and accuracy for your projects. You can be vigilant in maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our People Operations team is charged with delivering an amazing employee experience and ensuring our People & Talent systems, tools and processes support our growing people and business needs. You will be an integral part of Justworks’ growth and success by executing People Operations processes and ensuring they are documented and compliant, driving efficiency and solutions for the team and business. You will serve as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Resolve employee questions regarding benefits, payroll, policies and other People Ops related topics by thinking critically and independently. Practice a high level of customer service in all interactions, escalating to management when necessary.
- Support the new hire onboarding process and ensure compliance with federal and state forms and notices.
- Act as the People Operations point of contact for contractor onboarding, tracking and offboarding, partnering closely with Legal, Procurement, InfoSec, and Workplace Services.
- Cross-collaborate with internal teams to support benefits and perks administration and communication.
- Guide and support employees and managers through People processes and policies, including general questions around the employee life cycle, time tracking, leave of absences and other topics.
- Manage the leave of absence administration process, including employee guidance, forms, payments, and tracking.
- Partner with the members of the People Operations Team to continuously identify and improve People programs and processes through building/updating SOPs, process documentation, employee-facing resources and recommending improvements.
- Participate in or lead small to medium-scale People Operations projects and initiatives.
- Act as a backup to the People Operations Coordinators when necessary.
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs.
As a People Operations Specialist, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a human resources support role
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (G-Suite, HRIS, JIRA) and intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws and practices
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skill
- A customer-centric mentality that is eager to resolve questions and issues
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to quickly prioritize in a fast-moving environment
- Self-starter, highly motivated, eager to improve everything you touch
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment