People Operations Specialist
Greater NYC Area
Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
We are looking to hire a Specialist on the People team who will own and execute projects across a wide array of people processes such as Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding, Performance Management and Learning/Development. This role will partner closely with the VP/Head of People and other leaders on the team to seamlessly execute on projects that are critical to people growth at the company. This is an opportunity to work with a team of leaders who are passionate about People and Talent and believe that there is a directly causal relationship between people decisions and business outcomes.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks and responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Partner with the Head of Talent Acquisition to build and execute a plan for employment branding initiatives such as blogs, industry events etc. that will build a strong passive talent pipeline. Success is measured by providing seamless project management on each initiative to meet the overall branding goal.
- Build and own the programmatic roll-out of the company’s bi-annual performance calibration program to measure and reward performance across the company. Success is measured by the effectiveness of helping managers and employees across New York, London and Singapore offices participate.
- Partner with the Head of People to roll-out a total rewards program for the company to attract and retain top talent. Success is measured by designing and running a project to communicate the new program effectively and manage the integration with relevant tools.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Functional acumen required:
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple moving pieces of a project or program and the ability to do that at scale.
- Operational understanding of people processes such as recruiting, using compensation ranges, performance management etc.
Shared commitment to excellence:
- You proactively look for benchmarks (internal or external) before proposing new solutions, programs or processes. Whether it is creating a new onboarding program, communicating a new reward program or other people programs, you want to know what other best-in-class companies are doing.
- A strong track record of using data to influence stakeholders to adopt and comply with people processes. You rely on good data on people to convince business stakeholders like managers to adopt people processes rather than using the rulebook to expect compliance.
Search for the truth:
- You are really good at using the context or the “why” behind a project to foresee bottlenecks or issues downstream. You realize that not doing so will dilute the impact of your project and make it sub-optimal.
- You proactively seek to educate yourself on the business or organizational context behind any people initiative you work on. You use the additional vetting to meaningfully to make your work more impactful.
Be an owner:
- You have a strong sense of accountability towards business outcomes rather than just the part of the process that is your responsibility. You understand that a business outcome is a result of all the pieces coming together even if you own only a part of it.
- Strong track record of being able to take an ambiguous problem such as “rolling out a new approach to real-time feedback” and break it down into manageable units and continue to iterate. You understand that solving hard problems means taking multiple cracks at it and are unfazed by it.
Real time candor:
- Track record of advising business stakeholders to make good decisions on people and people processes using data. You understand that sometimes means having to tell managers what they don’t want to hear or having to say “no” to them.
- You understand the importance of communicating in real-time to help business stakeholders understand the status of important people projects. Even if that means having to communicate delays, you realize the importance of doing that and explaining why.
- Experience working in consulting, primary or secondary research organizations to help clients understand best practices on people operations and talent management.
- Experience working in Talent Management functions for tech companies running people programs (outside of recruiting/talent acquisition) is a plus.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description