People Team Coordinator
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. theSkimm started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time.
As the People Coordinator on the People & Culture Team, you will help run all our processes and programs. Your work will support our team in its goal of building strong people & culture practices at theSkimm to retain and engage our incredible talent. From on-boarding to internal communications, events, people processes, and more—your work will help elevate the team and company as we scale and grow. This role reports to the Employee Experience Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Act a program manager for existing people team initiatives, including all coordination and execution of weekly team meeting, weekly team lunch, on-boarding, monthly happy hours, in-office events, weekly internal newsletter, etc.
- Run & execute end to end on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Assist in the preparation and execution of all employee programs and training sessions
- Assist employees with general questions about benefits, perks, payroll, etc.
- Support HR Business Partner with day-to-day requests, needs, issues, and admin
- Help administer employee performance management and engagement tools and maintain our HRIS
- Ad-hoc recruiting support (scheduling interviews, candidate visits, etc)
- Additional support for People & Culture team with special projects.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- 2-3+ years of People, Culture and HR experience in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven and proactive -- you don’t wait to be told what to do
- Extremely organized -- you have lists, systems, and processes to keep everything around you running smoothly
- Personable with a drive for building relationships with all employees
- Multitasker who stays calm under pressure and knows how to prioritize to get things done quickly
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across teams
- Ability to adapt to evolving organization and changes in priority
- A positive attitude and always willing to help -- no job is too big or too small
- Passion for theSkimm and its mission
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered breakfast on Fridays during our HQ Sip’n Skimm - a time to catch up as a group and wind down from a great week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY