Senior Benefits Associate at Zocdoc
Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
Your Impact on our mission:
As a Senior Benefits Associate, you will drive Zocdoc’s employee benefits programs. Reporting to our Head of People, you will lead the administration of our benefits programs, drive changes and communications, and continue to scale and elevate our employee benefit plan offerings to ensure our employees receive the ultimate Patients First experience.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A benefits expert, with a passion for helping others
- Collaborative, and enjoy building relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Action oriented; you like tackling new challenges
- Flexible, and comfortable with the uncertainty of change
Your day to day is…
- Administering employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans, life and disability insurance plans, and 401(k) plans
- Leading an ongoing assessment of our Self-insured benefits plans while implementing any changes
- Administering the firm's wellbeing program to ensure the program fits within the company's culture and remains compliant
- Planning and leading our annual Open Enrollment process. This includes communicating new plans or changes to plans to employees via in-person meetings and through written plan summaries
- Managing vendor performance of all benefit partners, ensuring programs are cost-effective and meeting service level agreements
- Ensuring company compliance with federal, state, and local laws, including required notice distribution, non-discrimination testing, audits of benefits plans & deductions, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, ERISA, Section125, and ensuring reporting requirements are met timely
- Working directly with our benefit and 401(k) advisors to manage their deliverables, service calendars and support/report to the benefit / 401(k) committee meetings
- Partnering with Payroll to resolve deferral issues on both health/welfare and 401(k) plans
- Managing Leave of Absence, FMLA, and Worker’s Compensation programs
- Conducting and submitting non-discrimination tests and ACA reporting and any other applicable reporting as needed
- Keeping Zocdoc current on new/innovative practices and trends across the tech industry with employee benefits, perks, and wellness by reviewing benchmark analyses and viable industry reports
- Addressing day-to-day member issues using available vendor or broker resources
- Managing benefit billing reconciliation in order to prevent administrative errors and ensure benefit EDI file feeds are working accordingly
- Communicating and addressing escalated issues in a timely fashion
You’d be successful in this role if you have….
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 4-6 years of HR experience with at least 2-3 years managing benefits including medical, dental, vision, LOA, and workers comp
- Prior experience in managing Self-Insured medical plans through two open enrollment cycles
- Experience interpreting and applying pertinent federal and state laws, codes and regulations such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.
- Experience working in a start-up and/or fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced benefits and/or HR certifications a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.