Senior Clinical Recruiter (NYC Based or Remote) at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We seek an entrepreneurial, outgoing, and personable Senior Clinical Recruiter to drive the clinical talent acquisition capabilities as we scale the Cityblock business across the Northeast..
You’ll join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory: over the next 12 months, we expect to hire 50-100+ clinical staff for our field-based care teams, clinic operations, and virtual health model.
In this role, you’ll own direct-sourcing & full-lifecycle talent acquisition through to the job-offer stage, for the roles you are assigned. You’ll serve as primary contact with our internal stakeholders and build exceptional talent pools for our Community Health Hubs and field-based operations. You’ll work with our People team to continue our inclusive, consistent framework for our hiring, and may implement new processes and technology to streamline multi-site sourcing, engagement, and hiring efforts. You’ll establish a referral network, and build a clinical recruiting voice for Cityblock. At times, you may be asked to compose job descriptions.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years in recruiting, specifically for clinical roles in healthcare (ie: Nursing, Nurse Practitioners, MD's, Psychiatrist, etc)
- Experience in direct-sourcing of Clinical talent - including Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses - using multiple mechanisms (ie: LinkedIn Recruiter, Sourcing boards, boolean search, direct networking, alumni associations, and innovative means to access talent)
- Proficiency inLinkedIn Recruiter for direct sourcing.
- Proficiency in using ATS systems, ideally Greenhouse, or (ie: Lever, iCims, Taleo)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Senior Level clients and Physician executives as your hiring managers
- You are an adaptable organized, efficient, independent self-starter and problem-solver, a leader, a strategic thinker, and a mentor, who is excited about the big picture of whole community health
How We Define Success:
- You identify and engage a minimum of 10 qualified clinical leads based on open or future job roles, per week.
- You are influencing the hiring of an average of 3 Clinical roles per month; where you are the direct-source.
- You are successful in the job-offer acceptance rate of at least 99%; where you are the direct-source.
- Your pass-through rate in the recruiting funnel from initial Assessment stage to the On-Site Interview stage, averages a minimum of 50%.
- You build successful hiring pipelines for Clinical Leadership (i.e. Medical Directors), Physicians, Registered Nurses, Advanced Care Practitioners, Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatrist, Pharmacy, and more.
- Devise a clinical talent strategy that aligns with our overarching business needs and reaches top, diverse talent across clinical functions and geographies.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Come with a clinical network within all or some of these markets: New York State, Connecticut, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and in general the Eastern seaboard.
- Experience working at a venture-backed or commercial startup.
- Experience in direct-sourcing for clinicians in the virtual health sector.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.