Senior Director, Employee Relations & Investigations at Peloton
This is an exciting opportunity to do innovative work at Peloton! We are looking for a dynamic, visionary leader to join our Peloton People team as a Sr Employee Relations Investigator supporting our US & CAN field locations. This role is NYC or Plano, Texas preferred (remote can be considered) and will be supporting both our Peloton team members and People (HR) team’s needs across our regions. The key objective is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of team members, consistent with our Peloton core values. The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects, with a passion for building and creating.
As a Sr leader you will build and manage a direct team of Employee Relations (ER) Investigators that will oversee investigations/ER escalations, present data & analysis, work collaboratively with the People Business Partner team, provide recommendations to the business, and provides support and strategic direction to the broader organization.
In this role you will (but are not limited to)….
- Manage complex and highly sensitive department issues
- Oversee the investigation process, including case management & documentation
- Utilize data and analysis to create and drive a positive employee relations strategy
- Ensure that investigations are conducted based on investigative best practices and expected SLAs
- Works closely with People Business Partner Team, DE&I Team, and Legal Department
- Be responsible for evaluating and recommending changes to employee policies and processes
- Ensure that practices and policies are compliant and applied accordingly with all applicable employment and other laws and regulations governing employer/team member relationships
- Develops, share, and deliver training related to investigative processes, internal policies and best practices to People Business Partner team and Business Leaders
- Hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports
- BS/BA degree and 10+ years of experience in Human Resources and/or Employee Relations or other equivalent background
- 5+ years in directly managing and leading a team
- Knowledge of federal and state employment & labor laws
- Law Degree/Background or advanced degree in labor/employee relations
- Experience building and launching programs that measurably impact positive engagement
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and manage projects through ambiguity and constant change
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Ability to travel 35% of the time
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.