Peloton is searching for a Senior Director of Talent Management to design, implement, support and grow our foundational talent processes, programs, tools and systems.
We want to be the best place to work for the world’s top talent. For that reason, our talent objective is two-fold: to create world-class and innovative talent programs, and to provide ample, consistent, and enticing pathways for the growth and development of our people.
The Senior Director of Talent Management will play a crucial role in this objective. As a member of the Global Talent Team, the Senior Director will be responsible for leading the evolution of our foundational talent programs and the design of future talent solutions. The core work involves designing, building, implementing, measuring and scaling our nascent talent management programs including the annual performance cycle, succession planning, talent calibration, development plans, and operationalizing our leveling framework through well articulated career pathways. The Senior Director will innovate and fill gaps where identified. This role will regularly measure and report on the efficacy of our programs as they grow, ensuring that the programs continuously iterate and improve. The Senior Director will report to the Senior Vice President of Talent Management & Development, and will partner closely with People Business Partners and global business leaders across all functions, including a global corporate population and substantial population of distributed, hourly team members.
The ideal candidate will bring a holistic view to talent management that is born from experience in a variety of disciplines within the People function. Ideally, the candidate will have experience building and maintaining talent programs in a hyper-growth environment. This individual is dynamic, comfortable with ambiguity and change, and energized by rapid growth and scale. They will have the capacity to develop a vision for the talent program as well as the ability to build and execute talent management solutions with a human-centered design approach. This individual will operate with a bias for action and a focus on driving continuous improvement through rigorous evaluation.
- You’ll build, implement, manage and scale innovative global talent management processes where no programmatic offering previously existed or where programs are in the foundational stage – e.g., performance management cycle and components, leveling frameworks and related career pathways, promotion process, calibration/talent reviews, talent assessment, succession planning, and career development.
- You’ll take the initiative to develop and manage timelines, driving our projects forward and pivot/reprioritize as necessary.You’ll develop materials that are engaging, inspiring, inclusive and global, and you’ll partner with internal creative teams to ensure that communications, presentations, participant materials and digital solutions have a “Peloton” feel.
- You’ll generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI and inclusivity of programs, and identify insights that will drive continuous improvement.
- You’ll collaborate with global People Business Partners, business leaders, and other People Centers of Excellence to measure impact, and start to assess and predict needs as we develop a talent cycle.
- You’ll serve as a resource for team members and leaders, providing just in time education and perspective on our programs and processes.
- You’ll work with People Analytics to ensure cleanliness and integrity of our talent data, and will produce and present People data insights that enable us to make great decisions about our talent.
- You’ll learn and become the expert in talent components of our HRIS technology, managing data integration and ensuring we are pushing the limits of what the tech will offer as we implement new modules to systematize our talent programs.
- You’ll be curious and keep an eye on the external market, partnering with our systems COE to bring new solutions to the table.
- You’ll build and manage tools, you’ll evolve tools and solutions from manual to fully automated ensuring we drive toward efficiency and scale.
- You’ll perform data analysis using advanced excel skills and other applications to see our impact on the organization.
- You’ll be a collaborative member of the Talent Management and Business Partner teams, a trust-worthy supporter of the business, and a model for junior People team members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of related HR experience in talent management (*this is not a learning & development role, but instead a strategic talent solutions role)
- Experience building and rolling out talent management solutions in a fast paced or high growth environment, preferably in tech or similar environment
- Experience managing programs at large regional or global scale
- Experience operating within an HRIS and incorporating new functionality where none existed
- Experience working in an organization with a significant hourly workforce
- High level of discretion – ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills; ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- Ability to influence others
- Strong stakeholder focus
- Ability to manage a team and hold high performance standards and quality outputs
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and time deliverables
- Aptitude for and interest in managing/evaluating large sets of data and using data to generate insights
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teaming
- Willingness to participate in calls across time zones as needed and travel as needed
- Self starter with strong organization skills/detail orientation, ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, mission driven environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.