Senior Manager, Benefits at CLEAR
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We’re seeking a Senior Benefits Manager to join our growing People team. In this role you will act as the subject matter expert on all things benefits and be empowered to effectively maintain existing processes while acting as a change agent for future improvements, setting clear goals and making recommendations to key stakeholders across the organization. Ultimately, your ownership over the design, execution, and management of our benefits program will enable all team members to live full lives. This role is located in our NYC office and reports to the Senior Director of People Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Partner closely with the entire People team, as well as cross functionally, to ensure our offerings continue to attract, retain, and motivate our employees
- Lead open enrollment, including implementation of any changes, and provide ongoing benefits support throughout the year
- Provide training on CLEAR’s benefit programs to educate stakeholders
- Measure success of CLEAR’s benefits program by creating metrics and reporting to show utilization and ROI
- Consistently seek to introduce new approaches to creating efficiency and automation around manual administrative tasks
Who You Are:
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in benefits administration or consulting
- Proven experience in health & wellness and comfort with compliance requirements
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws; experience with global regulations a plus
- Strong stakeholder management and experience resolving benefit issues
- You are detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and work well under pressure and ambiguity with a high degree of accuracy
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- You thrive in a high-growth environment and are excited to take ownership