Sourcer and Recruiting Ops Associate
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We are looking for a Sourcer and Recruiting Operations Associate to join our team. In this role, you will handle the first stage of our recruiting process, while look for ways to optimize our recruiting workflow. You have a strong background in identifying talent for technology companies with an eye towards finding ways to improve the hiring process. Responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates, building talent pipelines for future hiring needs, and implementing projects to assist with increasing the quality of our inbound applicants. You will primarily identify talent through competitive intelligence and use your networking skills to help us fill our openings with qualified employees.
- You will implement projects and programs that help increase the efficiency of recruiter workflow.
- You will support the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top technical candidates through researching and sourcing for candidates.
- You will lead sourcing strategy meetings to identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques and leveraging our team’s networks through referrals.
- You will monitor team metrics to identify areas for improvement, including the number of passive candidates who turn into applicants.
- You will contact and engage candidates, promoting our employer brand by crafting and creating unique messaging.
- You will develop innovative attraction strategies including identification of new sourcing channels.
- You will be the competitive intelligence expert, staying abreast of news in the tech startup space.
- Like any startup, you will also be responsible for some of the unseen with ad-hoc projects and other responsibilities.
During your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our hiring processes and needs. You will spend time meeting members on the team to understand our culture and build relationships. You will familiarize yourself with the recruiting workflow, priority roles, and establish metrics to understand conversion rates.
Over your next 30 days, you will work with recruiters to coordinate sourcing for high-priority roles with company-wide goals and objectives. This will ensure that you are building effective internal and external relationships to make an immediate impact.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities for Cockroach Labs to build our employer brand and reach new candidates. You'll create repeatable campaigns to increase our talent reach while looking at ways to optimize our hiring process.
- You have prior experience defining and executing on sourcing strategies for technical talent (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings).
- You have worked with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs).
- You have the ability to combine your understanding of the recruiting process with data to extract actionable insights.
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell stories through data.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].