VP, Diversity, Equity & Belonging at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
Together we go far. Peloton has always been motivated to inspire good in the world by creating an inclusive workplace and community for all.
Through the Peloton Pledge, we committed an additional investment of $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequality in the world. We are focused on proactively using our resources, platform and influence to change our society for the better. This kind of important work starts from the inside out, and our highest level of responsibility in this ongoing journey is to foster equity and belonging for every Peloton team member. We are seeking a VP, Diversity, Equity & Belonging to be a key internal champion for this work.
You will inherit a small but growing team of professionals who already have the full support of our executive team behind them. This team is responsible for continuing to evolve our Diversity, Equity & Belonging (DE&B) strategy, partnering across the organization to ensure delivery of our DE&B roadmap, and offering a level of subject matter expertise that will continually elevate how we think about DE&B at Peloton.
The ideal candidate is an executive leader with the expertise and ability to inspire collaboration across the organization while maintaining a data driven approach to ensure that our activities and actions are leading to the right outcomes. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to lead a high impact, emerging function in a hyper-growth company.
- Embed our company value of Together We Go Far as a guiding principle for Diversity, Equity & Belonging work at Peloton.
- Engender a sense of ‘one team’ by supporting the formation of a group identity and shared goals while also emphasizing the value that each individual’s community and perspectives contribute to the team.
- Continued development and evolution of Peloton’s Global Diversity, Equity & Belonging strategy.
- Partner cross-functionally to consult on and support the delivery programs and initiatives that form our Diversity, Equity & Belonging roadmap.
- Take the lead on the collection and analysis of data to understand the demographic makeup of our team, as well as our ability to attract, engage, retain and develop team members from all backgrounds.
- Leverage available data to inform internal audiences, measure success of existing programs and initiatives and identify additional opportunities for continued improvement.
- Partner with our Executive Team and other Leaders to continue to increase leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for prioritizing DE&B efforts, addressing identified areas for improvement, creating an environment of belonging for all team members.
- Act as a key resource for our Employee Resource Group (ERG) programs by creating the right framework to support the programming and community that these groups foster.
- Continue to remain well connected to the external community in order to effectively bring the outside in and ensure that Peloton continues to thrive on the leading edge of Diversity, Equity & Belonging practices.
- 12+ years of experience in some combination of Talent, HR and D&I roles
- 8+ years of direct experience managing and leading high-performing teams
- Recognized by peers and the broader community as a thought leader on topics related to Diversity, Equity & Belonging
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver to established priorities
- Experience in translating external best practices and trends into innovative and operationally sound internal programs with measurable positive impact on outcomes
- Demonstrated experience facilitating company-wide initiatives involving stakeholders at all levels and across all functional areas of a highly vertically integrated organization
- Experience with data collection practices and a strong ability to translating data into actionable insights
- Experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Experience working across a global organization is preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth company is preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.