VP of People at Harry's Inc.
About the team
At Harry’s, we care deeply about our people and make investments to build a culture where people can grow and develop and an environment where people feel a sense of belonging. Given the importance of our people, our People team is highly respected by the business. We partner closely with leaders on a strategic level as they build their teams, as well as support them day-to-day.
Today, Harry’s is a team of 500+ people across the US, UK and Canada with another 600+ in our factory in Eisfeld, Germany.
About the role
As the VP of People, you will be partnering with leaders across the business to help them design, scale and retain high performing, inclusive, engaged teams. You will manage our Recruiting, People Business Partner and Workplace Experience functions so that you truly own the full system that strategically supports the business and our leaders in the most direct way. While you will focus on supporting leaders in our US, UK and Canada geographies, we also want you to play a strong coordination role with our factory in Germany.
You will own our hiring process and outcomes, helping us keep the bar high as we bring in new talent as well as exploring practices to continue to increase diversity on the team while running a fair and equitable process. Once people are at Harry’s, we want you to drive engagement and retention, measuring how we are doing and brainstorming actions we need to take to get even better.
You will also design how we work as we scale from four consumer brands today to six to eight brands in the near future — from outlining future org structures to managing M&A and integration processes for brands we acquire to creating working models for new brands that we incubate in Harry’s Labs.
This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our people strategy during a time of significant growth and exciting change. Harry’s has big plans for 2021 and beyond!
What you will accomplish
- Build strong, trusting relationships with leaders by helping them think through their most challenging people problems — from org design and evolution to performance management to individual coaching
- Run a high performing team of 30-40 people that consistently has high engagement scores and clear growth paths
- Develop and set an ambitious strategy and priorities for your teams, getting input and buy-in on the approach from the team and company
- Own and run processes to define org structures and ways of working, including overseeing the organizational side of integration processes
- Define the philosophy and approach on important People topics such as our recruiting philosophy or leveling / organizational health
- Diagnose and put in place initiatives that will drive retention and engagement
- Manage recruiting team to achieve ambitious hiring goals, while putting in place new programs and solutions to drive DEI in recruiting
This should describe you
- Experienced leadership influencer and partner
- DEI champion who thinks about DEI in all that they do
- Delightful collaborator who people just love to work with!
- Employee relationship whiz
- Exceptional coach and mentor for your team and the company
- Highly organized doer who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Structured thinker and expert communicator
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to our Chief People Officer
- Owning Recruiting Operations, Recruiting, People Business Partners and Workplace Experience (which includes our EA team)
- You will work closely with our leadership teams from our CEOs and C-suite to Directors across the entire business
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.