Agent Experience Partner at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
As an Agent Experience Partner you will act as the first point of contact between Real Estate Agents and Better. You will be tasked with answering Agents inquiries, directing phone calls, building rapport and educating the Agent on the Better product and process. As part of this team you fully immerse yourself in the overall Agent Experience.
- Be primary owner and accountable for the Agent experience during and after the purchase transaction for BRE and non-BRE Agents
- Build the home buying experience by offering and educating the Agent on our products and services such as BSS and Cover.
- Build relationships and help develop the Better brand with the Agent community through phone, email, and sms outreach
- Work with Better purchase teams to ensure a seamless purchase journey for all of our customers Borrower and Agent
- Actively work in the day-to-day operations to help achieve positive NPS, Agent outreach and as well as overall Agent referral growth for Better
- 2+ years of experience in customer service (real estate experience is preferred but not required)
- Confidence and aptitude with speaking to Real Estate Agents as our customers
- Ability to work cross functionally with sales, ops, BRE and PDE teams to create open communication so that you can provide exceptional experiences for the Agents.
- Gain mastery knowledge of the mortgage operations/processes throughout a transaction's entire lifecycle from Preapproval letter to post-closings.
- Ability to answer tough questions and convert negative sentiment with thoughtful responses and messaging
- A passion for providing an outstanding customer experience and pursuing strong relationships within the Realtor community
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude and strong work ethic: you succeed no matter what and never let the ball drop
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with Real estate agents
- Working cross-functional with our sales, operations, BRE, BSS teams to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Nurture and cultivate relationships with the Agents so that they become a referring Agents
- Updating and informing Agents of milestone through their client’s mortgage transaction
- Answer the Agent Hotline to assist incoming Agent questions.
- Taking a consultative approach in helping agents overcome issues and build trust
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential referrals from the Agents
- Understanding state mortgage nuances for your assigned states. EX Charlotte,NC requires closing to be with an attorney.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.