Associate, Producer - Marketplace at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Department: Marketplace Operations
The Nifty Gateway Marketplace Operations team works closely with artists and leaders of NFT projects across all vertical areas to bring content to the Nifty Gateway marketplace which has been deemed safe and legitimate. You will be responsible for facilitating a scalable process for ingesting legitimate NFT content while keeping out spam and other content which detracts from the marketplace user-experience or is otherwise undesirable. You will craft policies, define tools, automate processes, and provide support to the NFT community. You will leverage a deep understanding of NFT technology and community and use this visibility to identify opportunities. You will interface with a broad range of internal and external teams. You have an understanding of creator industry dynamics and economics including creator platforms, emerging content formats, and mixed media. You will be excited by the opportunity to shape the future of Nifty’s relationships and content in the face of ambitious growth plans.
- Create framework and process to verify the safety and quality of Nifty Gateway content including smart contracts and NFTs across different verticals
- Communicate with and support NFT project teams participating in the Nifty Gateway marketplace
- Refine, communicate and enforce guidelines to create a marketplace free of confusing or undesirable content
- Proactively approach projects missing from the marketplace to support their onboarding
- Define and drive ingestion improvements and automation while evangelizing ideas and requests from project teams
- Understand and communicate technical requirements with partners, assisting their teams in finding the best formats and mechanisms for success
- Coordinate co-marketing initiatives between internal and external teams
- Direct and coordinate scheduling/production efforts amongst teams internally and externally
- Working knowledge of Solidity preferred but demonstrated technical aptitude sufficient
- Experience working with metadata and data transfer formats such as JSON, XML
- Basic understanding of ERC-721 and ERC-1155 NFT standards
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to navigate strategic uses of NFT technology
- A history of gathering and using data to drive decisions
- Outstanding brand sensibilities and the ability to both define and communicate the brand
- Strong passion for creating a disruptive and revolutionary platform for the art space and creator ecosystem as a whole
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of successful partnerships
- Familiarity with the NFT community including existing projects and their history
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a plus
"Do you have NFT experience? Passion? Show us on your application by writing about it on your resume before submitting. The experience does not need to be a “paid” experience and your personal story in this space can be a part of our process if you can share your NFT experience with us."
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.