Content Moderation Manager at Skillshare
As Skillshare’s Content Moderation Manager, you’ll work closely with our Platform Operations team to develop and manage our moderation operations across the platform. You’ll help shape the playbook for how we moderate content in classes and throughout the community, and manage the training, development, and day-to-day for a growing team of remote moderation agents. We’ll look to your operational mindset and natural coaching skills to ensure our moderation efforts are set up to scale with efficiency and quality top of mind
The ideal candidate for this role has prior experience providing exceptional support in a customer-facing role (in either support, content moderation, or trust & safety), enjoys mentoring others, and is excited about building out new programs from the ground up that will help our team succeed.
What you'll do:
- Track performance metrics (such as schedule adherence and productivity) and perform regular QA for a team of four remote moderation agents
- Act as the point of escalation on complicated cases both with our moderation agents and across the Community & Operations department
- Develop trainings for agents and disseminating ongoing updates around community and class guideline policy changes
- Iterate on and improve our ongoing class moderation operations, as well as develop a playbook for operations around moderation of other types of content and behavior on Skillshare beyond classes, working closely with our Trust & Safety team
- Lead ongoing audits of class content to ensure there is consistency in how our policies are enforced
- Audit and improve our policies around guideline enforcement
Why we're excited about you:
- You have previous experience in an in-house, customer-facing role with strong knowledge of content moderation and/or customer support on platforms with user generated content
- You have exceptional analytical & operational skills – you’re able to build new processes from the ground up, in addition to improving those that exist
- Your interpersonal & leadership skills shine through your ability to communicate clearly with a team and with agents on different levels
- You’re proficient with Excel or other relevant BI tools (strongly preferred)
- You’re familiar with Zendesk (strongly preferred)
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your work will shape how we moderate content across the platform as we scale, which has a direct impact on our community as well as our business.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.