Director of Algos Partnerships at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Director of Partnerships to join our rapidly growing Tempus Algos team.
Tempus Algos is our business to develop, validate and launch new AI Algorithms as clinical tests, in oncology, cardiology, diabetes, neurology, infectious disease and new disease areas. We do this by leveraging our library clinical + molecular + imaging data to develop novel algorithms, validate them clinically and make them available to clinicians and patients. We have an ambitious vision to dramatically change how AI is used in clinical care, and are looking for incredible scientific and operational leaders to make that a reality!
What You’ll Do
- Find the most exciting scientific advancements, algorithms, molecular signatures and technology that Tempus can invest in and bring to doctors and patients
- Work with academic researchers and other life sciences companies to identify unique technology that fits with Tempus’ mission, core business and capabilities
- Evaluate opportunities: assess feasibility of potential projects, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understanding scientific opportunities, timelines, costs and multiple other variables to determine optimal partnerships
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline relevant to Tempus (e.g. statistical genetics, cancer genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, biomedical engineering, molecular biology or similar)
- Scientific curiosity: you can find amazing ideas and determine which fit with the Tempus core business
- Entrepreneurial: you’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fast
- Bias for action: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Clear thinker and communicator: Can evaluate complex scientific issues and boil down key concepts into clear opportunities
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, artificial intelligence / machine learning, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development