Director of Client Engagement at Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we have a fundamental belief that digital is never slowing down. That belief drives us to be the best in the world at digital product development. We help clients who face speed, adoption, and engineering challenges achieve market relevance in a new digital age. Kin + Carta is looking for a Director of Client Engagement to source, cultivate, and close new business for Kin + Carta.
Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations. The people we are looking for in this position are no exception. Reporting directly to the VP of Client Engagement, you will work with our Business Development Specialists, Consulting Services, larger Demand Generation Network, and the Executive Team to qualify and close business in competitive pursuits.
This position will be responsible for selling Kin + Carta professional services contracts (digital advisory, cloud native modernization, digital customer experience development, and emerging capabilities). Activities involve pipeline development, lead qualification, customer meetings, proposal development, negotiations, and closing. In addition, you will participate in industry networking and partner sponsored events to build direct sales pipelines.
What we are looking for in you:
You are a trailblazer. You create opportunities for others. You are gritty and never give up. You never let things fall through the cracks. You can bridge the big picture with the intricacies of execution. You can hold an executive conversation with confidence. You have a passion for exploring, “What’s next?” and are highly motivated, productive and organized. You have the ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape in a pursuit and connect the dots for the right support and craft a story to win.
- Lead generation, cultivation, and follow through
- Uncovering interested prospects in key verticals (financial services, manufacturing, distribution, and healthcare)
- Develop, maintain, and expand a database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of Kin + Carta solution expertise and competitive intelligence
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads in order to initiate and move along the sales process.
- Provide compelling value propositions and real-time solutioning, in-person and via phone- emphasizing service differentiators, discussing contract terms and preparing proposals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends, and challenges
- Maintain a commitment to continuous improvement, with active participation in internal and external sales coaching
- Develop key relationships with Sales Executives at key partners (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, PCF, VMWare, and AWS)
- Meet or exceed yearly new business revenue objectives
- 4 years of successful sales experience with 3+ years of experience in an Enterprise sales role, focusing on large scale custom software development projects
- Consulting or agency background with strong consultative sales skills and can demonstrate the ability to sell the value of partnering with Kin + Carta
- Understanding of user experience design and agile software development lifecycle and have previously worked with either marketing, line of business and/or technology teams, in a delivery capacity, in enterprise environments.
- Understanding of the business driver and best practices of cloud-native modernization
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, presentation, communication, and time management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem-solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and technology
- A bachelor's degree
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.