Director of Internal Controls/Audit at Noom
We are building a Controllership dream, and are on the hunt for a motivated, tech savvy, and analytical Director of Internal Controls/Audit. You will play a key role at Noom, reporting to the Corporate Controller, with dotted lines to the CFO and Board of Directors, until we form an Audit Committee.
We are experiencing rapid growth, and this senior position will be known as the independent Internal Audit expert. You will leverage your cumulative knowledge to lead our newly created internal controls/audit function. You will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating the effectiveness of the Company’s governance, risk management, compliance and control practices.
You will help us operate like a public company and collaborate across functional teams such as Legal, Operations, Coaching, HR, Engineering and Leadership groups.
What You’ll be doing
- Attract, retain, motivate, and develop a highly skilled and engaged team of in house and/or external auditors
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions around internal audit and risk management options for the company
- Set and execute the vision for internal audit and enterprise risk management for a public company
- Work with business partners and consultants to document key processes and controls, and related testing. Maintain and improve documentation as needed.
- Consult and train company leaders on internal audit matters – including risk, control identification, improvement and documentation to ensure compliance objectives are met
- Assess audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses. Assist business partners with the development of management action plans
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of audit work and the SOX compliance program.
- Participate in pre- and post- implementation system reviews and perform internal readiness assessments as needed.
- Provide internal control advisory services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Conduct cybersecurity risk reviews and controls assessments to ensure our processes are consistent with industry leading practices.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and investigations, as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, Information System or other business related major
- 15+ years of experience in Big 4 public accounting and private industry, preferably in a SaaS or technology company
- Exposure to senior level audit leadership roles
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry and PCAOB and COSO/Internal Audit standards
- Strong operational capability and sense of urgency to drive completion of audit plan and achievement of annual departmental initiatives
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to both do the work and manage other people, while building out the internal control/audit function
- Demonstrated ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced/high growth environment with multiple entities
- Ability to prioritize and direct limited resources to the most critical areas and issues
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others. Ability to work collaboratively cross functionally.
- Experience managing integrated internal audits that address a combination of financial/operating and technology objectives.
- Experience executing internal investigations.
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards.
- Written, verbal skills, and experience appropriate to executive and board level reporting and presentation.
- One or more current qualifications required - CISA, CRISC, CISSP, or CPA.
- Be in NYC or willingness to relocate to NYC by mid/late 2021 (remote until then)
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities and challenges)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office, meet Chef Sam!)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.