Director of Partnerships at JW Player (Remote)
About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Partnership Team:
JW Player’s Global Partnerships team is responsible for driving revenue growth through a strong partner ecosystem. The team works across all departments on both tactical and strategic initiatives in close collaboration with our Executive team to develop the company's global partnership program for successful partner sales and distribution of JW Player's best-in-class video products and services.
As the Director of Partnerships you will work collaboratively with the VP of Global Partnerships to develop our partner ecosystem and identify, recruit, onboard, enable and optimize performance of our partners. Your expertise will be pivotal to the future success of JW Player's Global Partnerships, one of the company’s key growth areas, as you define the scalable processes, best practices and structures of how we work with our Partners. This role is critical to the success of the entire Partnerships group and to the broader company organization.
As a Director of Partnerships, you will:
- Work with the VP of Global Partnerships, to drive the rapid definition and acceleration of our global partner organization, provide leadership for a collaborative, high-performing alliances and partner sales organization; while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in the Sales & Account Management, Product & Engineering, Marketing, RevOps & Finance organizations to develop and implement win-win partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market plans, partner recruitment & marketing strategies, and business development initiatives that generate incremental revenue to the company’s Sales capability from the partner ecosystem. Specifically, this person must identify and develop partnerships and strategic alliances which are optimized for exceptional revenue growth across company offerings.
- Develop, enable and monetize an expanding ecosystem of partners including Agencies/Developers, Resellers, VARs, SIs, MSPs & OEMs with strategies and plans focused on reseller and referral relationships by segment and geography that includes compelling joint value propositions, clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors, milestone and progress tracking metrics.
- Oversee partner recruitment, onboarding and enablement to ensure partners are properly onboarded, trained and motivated to sell and deliver company product and service offerings. Adjust practices, strategies and ideal partner profiles to optimize partner performance. Ensure standards for partner delivery excellence and customer satisfaction are maintained or exceeded.
- Develop key partner goals, best practices, and partner systems and infrastructure, including sufficient and scalable processes, forecasting, monitoring, reporting, KPI tracking, training, and operational initiatives designed for optimizing results.
- Work with marketing to recommend and help produce requisite and up-to-date assets and initiatives (collateral, webinars, events), that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
Requirements for the role:
- 8+ years’ prior global alliances leadership experience in Enterprise SaaS (preferably with OVP or other video technology products) driving partner revenue and growth with Agencies, key Systems Integrators and Technology ISV partners through an enterprise sales force.
- Team player who is goal-oriented and confident, with aptitude and desire to build high-performing partnership plans and strategies.
- Demonstrate an ability to get things done, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve tough business problems, working in concert with others.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and close large global accounts through partners, selling a combination of products and services.
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue and corporate objectives.
- Excellent capabilities in building and executing partner recruitment and channel strategies by segment and geography, creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management.
- Leadership and influencing skills: the ability to obtain results in an organization that they do not control or to manage through ambiguity.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. This will include exceptional communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills with a proficiency in Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides.
- Collaborative, self-directed leader with the ability to effectively build relationships, and display confidence in their intentions and those of the organization.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to work and thrive in an environment that is evolving and constantly changing.
- Data-driven, analytical thinker with experience with CRM and Business Intelligence tools like Salesforce and/or Looker.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of SVOD, AVOD, OTT video & FAST technologies and solutions for broadcasters and video publishers.
- Recruiter Screen
- 15-30 minute conversation with a Recruiter to learn more about your background and interests
- Hiring Manager Screen
- 45-60 minute conversation where the Hiring Manager or someone from the team deep dives into your experiences
- First/Team Interview
- 2-3 hour interview stage where you meet with various team members across the organization
- Final Interview
- 45 minute interview where you may be asked to a do presentation and meet with some of our senior leaders
*The interview process may change at any given stage.
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Development Program and Career Development Progression
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
- Free and discounted perks through JW Player's benefit partners
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
According to New York City local Council laws, local New York City applicants residing in and performing this role in New York City will receive an annual salary dependent on experience between $150,000.00 - $170,000.00 plus commission. In addition, applicants qualify for the benefits listed above.
The salary band is not applicable to applicants outside of New York City. Applicants located outside of the New York City area will have an adjusted rate equitable and competitive to their residing and surrounding area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.