Director of System Integration and Test at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is paving new ground at the nexus of building hardware, access control, and consumer-facing UI/UX. The Director of System Integration and Test will manage programs in automation/robotics, in house test engineering activities, third party test sites, and lab management. This role will be responsible for prioritizing test plans and execution, be responsible for third party test communications, ownership of standards testing deliverables, managing sustaining test efforts, and developing test protocols to improve development cycles. This requires a candidate that has a strong background in these areas combined with a passion for creating a framework to enable cross organizational deployment of testing methods. This is a highly cross-functional position, working with in-house and outside labs and testing personnel, product team, hardware engineering, software and firmware quality assurance, supply chain, program, and operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of new solutions to our customers.
- Managing the prioritization and execution of testing requirements for Latch’s new and existing products
- Identifying necessary tests of Latch’s new and existing products to meet applicable codes and regulations
- Working closely with product, engineering, and program teams during product development to determine applicable testing processes and execution plans
- Retaining and managing system integration and testing personnel
- Prioritizing incoming test requests to assure scheduled updates, sustaining, and launch of new products are on time
- Oversee the development and implementation of a universal testing ecosystem
- Responsible for the buildout and management of internal testing laboratories
- Establish relationships with applicable third-party testing sites to enable scalability and close technology gaps
- A degree in Engineering and 10+ years of experience in system integration and test engineering
- Thorough knowledge of testing frameworks and automation tools
- Experience with lab equipment, hardware in the loop testing, software in the loop testing, and simulation equipment required for system integration
- Strong project management and quantitative skills
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to function successfully both independently and cross functionally
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice