The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The External Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the quality, customer service, inventory, finished goods' production, material planning, cost control, cost reduction, and vendor relations at The Farmer's Dog's contract manufacturing facilities. In this role you'll participate in building a resilient manufacturing network within our outstanding, mission-focused Operations team. OPEN TO Remote location for the right candidate in USA.How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead projects through execution to ensure specifications are established prior to production and all parameters are achieved during the qualification, verification, and commercialization steps. Ensure adequate technical representation (Quality, R&D, and Procurement) is present during all project phases.
- Drive projects on key manufacturing projects, e.g., new product introduction, product renovation, rationalization of facilities.
- Establish and report critical metrics for co-manufacturers on quality, food safety, customer service, and financial reporting.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve performance. Conduct regular Operational Improvement reviews with Contract Manufacturers to improve production efficiency and reduce production cost.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic Contract Manufacturers.
- Serve as the primary function for achieving and recording operational savings at Contract Manufacturer facilities.
- Provide focus and coordination to resolving immediate business issues (i.e., recalls, product going on hold, or other significant unusual occurrences). Handles inventory discrepancies and claims for excess losses or supplier issues between Contract Manufacturer and Corporate functions to control costs and ensure quick resolution of outstanding issues.
- Benchmark key competitive and food industry datasets for new technology and efficiency strategies.
- Engage business partners and establish a communication flow across all functional groups in the management of the capital strategy goals.
- Liaise with the Operations function for internal manufacturing to align with TFD's manufacturing strategy to improve the alignment between Contract Manufacturing, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Logistic departments.
- Work with the Procurement function to help develop manufacturing and capacity strategies that are consistent with the current and future marketing strategies.
- 7+ years in the human frozen food industry
- Plant operations management, engineering, supply chain, distribution, consulting, and/or procurement experience, preferred
- Experience in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access) and Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Outstanding project management, problem-solving skills, and the ability to think creatively
- Desire to approach work as a continuous learning opportunity
- Experience with negotiation and contract manufacturing development, preferred
- Must be okay 30-50 percent work related travel
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota